Carlson Software (Carlson) warrants that
The Surveyor2 handheld computer shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of 24 months from the date of shipment from the factory.
Carlson Software warrants any expansion packs (RTK GPS or Other) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment from the factory.
Carlson warrants that the following items shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of shipment from the factory:
- battery packs,
- media containing the handheld computer programs,
- desktop computer programs,
- expansion packs, and
- any accessories.
This warranty shall not apply if:
- the product has been set up improperly or has been improperly installed or calibrated,
- the product is operated in a manner that is not in accordance with the user documentation and/or users guide,
- the product is used for a purpose other than for which it was designed,
- the product has been used in environmental conditions outside of those specified for the product,
- the product has been subject to any modification, alteration, or change by or on behalf of customer (except and unless modified, changed or altered by Carlson or under direct supervision of Carlson),
- the defect or malfunction results from misuse or accident,
- the serial number on the product has been tampered with or removed, or
- the product has been opened or tampered with in any way.
Parts that are excessively worn are not covered under warranty. These may include, but are not limited to, the keyboard elastomer and switch matrix, hand straps and the touchscreen (if applicable).
This warranty is exclusive and Carlson will not assume and hereby expressly disclaims any further warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty as to merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or any warranties arising from the course of performance, dealing, or usage of trade.
Carlson makes no warranties that:
- its products will meet your requirements or will work in combination with any hardware or applications software products provided by third parties,
- the operation of its products will be uninterrupted or error free, or
- all defects in the product will be corrected.
Carlson shall not be responsible for software, firmware, information, or memory data contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Carlson for repair, whether under warranty or not.
In the event a defect in materials or workmanship is discovered and reported to Carlson or a Carlson certified repair center within the specified warranty period, Carlson will, at its option, repair the defect or replace the defective product. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. Carlson warrants any replaced or repaired product for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of return shipment, or through the end of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent allowed by law, the obligation of Carlson shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the product. Carlson shall in no event be liable for special, incidental, or consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind, or for loss of revenue or profits, loss of business, loss of information or data, or other financial loss arising out of or in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, use performance, failure, or interruption of any product. Any responsibility and/or liability of Carlson shall, in connection with a warranted product, be limited in the maximum amount to the original purchase price.
This warranty is governed by the laws of Kentucky, and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The courts of Kentucky shall have exclusive personal jurisdiction in case of any disputes arising out of or in connection with this warranty.