Carlson Surveyor 2
Here’s the Carlson Surveyor 2 — the world’s most reliable data collector just got better!
All new Carlson Surveyor 2
- Faster Processor — More on-board storage space — now 8GB; and 1.0 GHz processor
- Long-Range Bluetooth — Up to 1500 feet paired with class I device
- Extended Battery Life — Up to 20 hours
Fast, Durable and Powerful
Powered with Carlson SurvCE
The speed you need!
The reliability you deserve!
The Carlson Surveyor 2 is even more rugged than its popular predecessor — IP68 water & dustproof; shock resistant. Still just 2 pounds and the QWERTY keyboard speeds data entry.
Comes with a larger, brighter display screen with a higher resolution, easier-to-read color display with scratch-resistant glass.
Available options include an integrated camera, 3G modem, and GNSS receiver.
- IP68 water & dust resistant!
- Up to 8 gigabytes
Easy to Hold and Control
- Just 2 pounds! Key size & location optimized for precise handling
Back Lit Keyboard!
- Easily see your keys in low-light conditions
Longer Battery Life
- Up to 20 hours
- Active viewing area: 4.3? (109 mm) VGA LCD TFT (640 x 480) Landscape Display
- High-visibility backlit LCD
OPERATING SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE
- Microsoft® Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5.3
- Multiple OS languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese)
- Adobe Reader® LE
PROCESSOR AND MEMORY
- 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A8 i.MX53 processor
- 512 MB RAM
MEMORY AND DATA STORAGE
- 8 GB flash storage
- User-accessible micro SD/SDHC slot
- COM1, RS-232C 9-pin D connector with5VDC power output on pin 9 software-enabled
- USB host (Full A), USB client (Micro B)
- 12, 24VDC input, 10-36V unregulated
- 3.5 mm audio jack, supports speaker/ microphone or stereo output (pin detect)
- IO docking ports for charging, USB port connector protector
- USB port connector protector
- Projected capacitive touch interface
- Chemically-strengthened glass
- Scratch-resistant screen
- Full numeric and QWERTY keypad
- Adjustable backlit keys
- Intelligent Li-Ion battery 3.7VDC @ 10600 mAh, 38.7 Whr
- Operates 20+ hours on a single
- Charges in 2 to 4 hours
- Battery easily changeable in field
- Optimized for excellent performance in cold temperatures
- Size, Standard models: 5.4” w x 10.2” l x 1.6” d (138 mm x 256 mm x 40 mm)
- Weight: 2 lbs (908 g), with battery
- Durable hardened plastic in a shear-proof and shock-resistant design
- Strong chemical resistance
- Comfortable, wide hand strap
- Easy-to-grip, impact-absorbing bumpers
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
- Bluetooth® wireless technology, 2.1 +EDR, Class 1.5, line-of-sight range up to 1500 feet (450 meters) when paired with Class 1 Bluetooth device
- Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n with extended range
- 3.75G modem(3G Models) – Pentaband Worldwide Frequencies: HSPA+/UMTS: 800/850/900/1800/1900/2100MHz
- Data communication interface
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof
- Operating temperature: –22 F to 140 F (–30 C to 60 C)
- Storage temperature: –22 F to 158 F (–30 C to 70 C)
- Note: Bluetooth® wireless technology is rated to –4 F (–20 C)
- Shockproof: multiple drops from 5? (1.5 m) onto concrete
- MIL-STD-810G test procedures: Method 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude); Method 501.5 High Temperature; Method 502.5 Low Temperature; Method 503.5 Temperature Shock; Method 506.5 Rain; Method 507.5 Humidity; Method 510.5 Sand and Dust; Method 512.5 Immersion; Method 514.6 Vibration; Method 516.6 Shock
CAMERA (GEO MODELS)
- 5 MP resolution with autofocus and LED illuminator + video capture
- Juniper Geotagging™: embed and emboss photo with date, time, and GPS position
GPS/GNSS (GEO MODELS)
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS/SBAS receiver
- User settings for enhanced performance under canopy
- Accuracy: SBAS 2 meters; autonomous 5 meters
- NMEA and BINR output
- 32 channel all-in-view tracking
- JSNav GNSS positioning and navigation app
CERTIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- FCC Class B
- CE Marking (applicable EMC, R&TTE, and
- LVD directives)
- Industry Canada
- EN60950 Safety
- 10600 mAh battery
- AC wall charger with international plug kit
- Micro USB client sync cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Adjustable hand strap
- Stylus with tether
- 2-year warranty
Carlson Software (Carlson) warrants that
The Surveyor2 handheld computer shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of 24 months from the date of shipment from the factory.
Carlson Software warrants any expansion packs (RTK GPS or Other) shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment from the factory.
Carlson warrants that the following items shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal intended use, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of shipment from the factory:
- battery packs,
- media containing the handheld computer programs,
- desktop computer programs,
- expansion packs, and
- any accessories.
This warranty shall not apply if:
- the product has been set up improperly or has been improperly installed or calibrated,
- the product is operated in a manner that is not in accordance with the user documentation and/or users guide,
- the product is used for a purpose other than for which it was designed,
- the product has been used in environmental conditions outside of those specified for the product,
- the product has been subject to any modification, alteration, or change by or on behalf of customer (except and unless modified, changed or altered by Carlson or under direct supervision of Carlson),
- the defect or malfunction results from misuse or accident,
- the serial number on the product has been tampered with or removed, or
- the product has been opened or tampered with in any way.
Parts that are excessively worn are not covered under warranty. These may include, but are not limited to, the keyboard elastomer and switch matrix, hand straps and the touchscreen (if applicable).
This warranty is exclusive and Carlson will not assume and hereby expressly disclaims any further warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty as to merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or any warranties arising from the course of performance, dealing, or usage of trade.
Carlson makes no warranties that:
- its products will meet your requirements or will work in combination with any hardware or applications software products provided by third parties,
- the operation of its products will be uninterrupted or error free, or
- all defects in the product will be corrected.
Carlson shall not be responsible for software, firmware, information, or memory data contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Carlson for repair, whether under warranty or not.
In the event a defect in materials or workmanship is discovered and reported to Carlson or a Carlson certified repair center within the specified warranty period, Carlson will, at its option, repair the defect or replace the defective product. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned. Carlson warrants any replaced or repaired product for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of return shipment, or through the end of the original warranty period, whichever is longer.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent allowed by law, the obligation of Carlson shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the product. Carlson shall in no event be liable for special, incidental, or consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages of any kind, or for loss of revenue or profits, loss of business, loss of information or data, or other financial loss arising out of or in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, use performance, failure, or interruption of any product. Any responsibility and/or liability of Carlson shall, in connection with a warranted product, be limited in the maximum amount to the original purchase price.
This warranty is governed by the laws of Kentucky, and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The courts of Kentucky shall have exclusive personal jurisdiction in case of any disputes arising out of or in connection with this warranty.